- Montréal 2023
This GraphQL Fullstack Workshop is designed for developers. You will learn how to build a GraphQL server and client using Node.js and Vue.js, giving you the skills needed to work with GraphQL in your own projects.
Topics we will cover:
- GraphQL Introduction and differences over REST
- Building a GraphQL Server from scratch
- Designing a GraphQL Schema
- Creating custom GraphQL directives: @skip, @include, @deprecated, @specifiedBy, @rest and @defer
- Building a GraphQL Client using Vue
- Adding queries and mutations
- Common practices: error handling and pagination
- Adding authentication and authorisation
- Adding real-time with subscriptions
With this knowledge under your belt, you'll be able to create high-quality products quickly while maintaining control over your codebase—all while staying on top of industry trends.
- Basic knowledge of Node
- HTML and CSS
Who is the target audience?
Vue Developers looking to learn GraphQL in depth
Google Developer Expert; former AWS Amplify team