- Montreal 2010
In the last few years, REST webservices have become the standard for a number of reasons: interoperability, simplicity, effectiveness.
I will cover a best practice of consuming REST webservices in AS3:
* using a singleton as the center of the API
* identifying the requests using IDs
* doing GET and POST requests
* how to get around Flash's limitations and do PUT & DELETE requests
* basic XML manipulation using e4x
View all 132 sessions
Hi, I've been programming for longer than I like to admit.. I started developing for the web in 1997, wrote my first CGI scripts that talked to MySQL in C++. It has been a long journey since then; through Java (10+ years), PHP, HTML/JS, AS2, AS3, Android Developemnt, C#. I founded a startup in 2012 and raised 1M$; that has changed my perspective of programming forever! I like to explore interaction concepts.